Welcome to the West Point Parent’s Club of Alabama. If you are visiting this site, it is likely you have a son or daughter who is currently a cadet or cadet candidate at West Point, or is interested in becoming one. Our primary purpose is to provide community and support among parents of cadets. We do this in a variety of ways:
- Providing information to parents of cadets newly appointed to the United States Military Academy at West Point (USMA) regarding Academy life
- Providing communication between the Academy and cadet parents.
- Providing encouragement and support for our cadets and deployed soldiers.
- Connecting West Point families with one another
- Offering guidance to new Plebe parents by providing mentor families
- Celebrating the accomplishments of West Point cadets from Alabama
In 2015, our family began this journey. We have been grateful for the people we have met along the way who have provided encouragement and support as we have adjusted to life with a West Point cadet. It is this experience that has given us a desire invest our time supporting other families across our state. We hope you will find this to be a great resource for you and your family as you walk this journey alongside your son or daughter. If the WPPC of Alabama can be of service to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Jim and Amy Watkins, Presidents
Why Become A Member?
It is simple and affordable to become a member of WPPC. The cost is $75/year per family. If you are a new family coming in, you may pay a one time $300/4-year membership, to avoid the annual payments. All you need to do is click the link below and complete your payment through our secure West Point Associate of Graduates server.
If for any reason this is a financial hardship, we have scholarships available, so please let us know….we want everyone to be involved!
Benefits of Membership in WPPC of Alabama
- The opportunity to serve and encourage the Cadets from Alabama
- Receiving support from other families sharing the unique West Point journey
- Your Cadets receiving Boodle and other gifts throughout their time at West Point
- Fulfilling mentor relationships with other families
- Staying connected news from West Point and to the work of WPPC
DISCLAIMER: This private organization is a non-federal entity and not an official activity of the United States Military Academy. It is not endorsed, recommended, or favored by the United States government. The views and opinions expressed by this organization do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Military Academy, Department of the Army, or Department of Defense.